Sunday, December 11, 2011

Breakfast

I had (too much) breakfast in the restaurant of my hotel. I kept thinking of Molly and how she really hates the idea of going to a restaurant alone. She hates it so much the thought of me doing it embarrasses her. Don't tell her!!

What I noticed, looking around is that most people are eating with each other, yet not talking. How is that different than me? I often wonder this esoteric idea: what exactly is happening when you are "with" someone? How is that different than not being "with?" It isn't like you are touching them? You are seeing them, but you could look at a picture? You are hearing them, but you could call on the phone? What is the thing about location? Maybe there is something about being "near," or maybe we can be "near" with many miles between us. I don't know.

This is what I do miss about being with my friends. I have all these curious questions. To hold them alone is something hard for me.

I will be taking the bus to Sacred Heart University. This IS the hard part. I don't know where to pick it up. I don't know how to pay the fare. I don't know where to get off. I don't know how to get back. Of course all of this is doable, but in my crazy mind, I am obsessing.




No comments:

Post a Comment